The Two Patches
We’re launching updates for both public and opt-in branches today, as well as releasing up-to-date builds for OS X and Linux! For the full scoop and a list of changes flick that mousewheel down and prepare to board the patch notes rollercoaster.
Release: Bedrock Beta v0.4.2 “Unholy Trinity”
This update features a sizable number of bug and balance changes that our QA team and community have found over the past few weeks. In addition to these fixes we’ve thrown in a few dozen quality of life improvements in order to make the upcoming Multiplayer update more enjoyable for all.
We are also very happy to announce that both the OS X and Linux version of WFTO are once again up to date!
Patch Testing: Bedrock Beta v0.5.0 “Dungeons for Two”
We’ve relaunched multiplayer after working through the various problems that were shown off in spectacular fashion during our last livestream. Some things to keep in mind:
- NAT punchthrough is still very much a work in progress and may not work for some users
- If NAT doesn’t work for you yet you’ll need to portforward in order to host games, see the above link for more info
- The multiplayer menu screens are still very much a work in progress
- Multiplayer on OS X and LInux currently isn’t working just yet as we’ve only just managed to get the game working on those platforms yet and haven’t had enough time to integrate multiplayer
This past weekend we decided to raise the price of the Standard and Underlord editions of WFTO. Though this may not apply to the majority of you who read our weekly updates (since you probably already own the game) we want to explain why we chose to do this for transparency’s sake.
Our initial price point for the two editions of our game (£16.99 / €20.99 / $21.99 & £26.99 / €31.99 / $34.99) were suggested to us by Valve when we were first greenlit for Early Access. At the time we felt these two numbers were fair to both our Kickstarter backers and those who had missed out on our campaign but still wanted to be a part of our beta period.
However, we had several issues with our pricing that we wanted to resolve before launch:
- The disparity between the Standard and Underlord edition was a bit too high, but for obvious reasons we couldn’t drop the Underlord edition’s cost without being jerks to those who had already bought it.
- Exchange rates have fluctuated a fair bit in the past year and have created additional disparity between (most notably) the U.S. and European markets.
In addition, now is a good time for us to update the pricing for several reasons:
- When we compare the state of the game to our initial launch (and early updates) we feel that the current amount of content, polish, and features we have implemented are greatly improved and are quickly approaching a point where the game feels complete.
- Our upcoming multiplayer patch will add vast amounts of replayability to the game as we head towards the final release of WFTO.
- Valve will soon be launching support for several new currencies on the Steam store and we wanted to ensure a consistent price across all storefronts when that happened.
With all that said, the new pricing is as follows:
- Standard: Edition: £18.99, €22.99, $24.99
- Underlord Edition: £26.99, €31.99, $34.99
Please note that the Euro and GBP prices are higher than the USD prices as sales tax (VAT) is included. This is not the case for USD prices.
Our current price is still discounted compared to our final release price and will increase incrementally over the coming months as we prepare for our “final” release date.
And finally, we forgot to announce that we made the game available for purchase on The Humble Store a few weeks back. We’re hoping to expand the availability of the game over the coming months – please let us know if there’s a specific place you’d like to see it!
We would love to field and questions and hear any feedback you have regarding this change – feel free to drop us a line with your comments.
That’s it for this week, we’ll be back in seven days unless the world is hit with a flood of biblical proportion – in which case we hope your dungeon is hermetically sealed.
Until next time Underlord,
- WFTO Team