Today we’re going to sneak a peek at the upcoming Bedrock Beta update and discuss two of the most common Empire units: The Templar and The Priestess.
Unit Spotlight: The Templar
The sound of ten thousand feet stomping in unison is the herald the army of the Overworld — at its front one can see rank upon rank of the stalwart Templar.
Any boy at the age of 16 can choose to enlist in the Templar Academy, training is split between two years in drills and weapons followed by another two with a member of the Church, during the latter those gifted with “the light” learn to harness its power. Upon completion of training they are placed within the Empire army and those fortunate enough to be blessed by Kira are given the esteemed position of Templar.
In the campaign the Templar’s shield and tabard will bear the sigil of whichever lord he is aligned with.
While they are not particularly fearsome on their own, their seemingly endless ranks will crash upon their opponents in ceaseless waves — overwhelming the opposing forces in their fierce devotion to both the protection of their loved ones and the Empire.
In combat the Templar will stand against even the most fearsome opponent if commanded to by his captain. Their ability to call upon Kira to strike enemies with bursts of holy light in addition to removing unholy energies from himself make the Templar a powerful fighter in skirmishes and large-scale battles.
- Stalwart (Passive): When the Templar would be otherwise be knocked out he remains alive and able to fight for a short period of time before falling.
- Holy Strike (Active): The Templar strikes the target enemy after a short prayer, dealing additional holy damage.
- Purify (Active): The Templar removes debuffs from himself and regenerates a portion of his total health over a short period of time.
- Absolution (Active, Special): The Templar charges his weapon with divine energy, dealing a large amount of holy damage to the target enemy.
Unit Spotlight: The Priestess
We revealed the Priestess in a WFTO Wednesday a long time ago. Today we’ll round out what was initially a sketch and some background information with her abilities and finished character model since she’ll be joining the Bedrock Beta soon.
- Vow of Silence (Passive): The Priestess is immune to silence effects.
- Blessing (Passive): The Priestess heals all nearby allied units for a small amount every time she uses an active ability.
- Smite (Active): The Priestess calls down a crushing blow from the heavens, dealing Light damage to target enemy unit.
- Pacify (Active): The Priestess pacifies a single enemy unit, blinding and silencing them for a short period of time.
- Intervention (Active, Special): The Priestess revives an allied unit.
Sneak Peek: Bedrock Beta v0.1.2: Fog of War
This upcoming update will be focusing on an overhaul to the existing Fog of War system and many behind-the-scenes changes as we prepare the game for future systems and content. This means that content-wise the update is quite sparse, but it will be paving the way for many exciting things in the coming months.
That’s it for this week, we’ll see you all back here next week for another wonderful WFTO Wednesday.
Until next time Underlord,
- WFTO Team
p.s. James is under the weather and wishes to excuse his poor management of words this week.