The Matriarch, the Sentinel and the Video
The fires of war spread across the empire as they prepare for your invasion, we sent a few Oculi in to determine what new forces our enemy has in store for us…
Unit Spotlight: The Matriarch
While many pray to Kira for guidance, support, and power there are a chosen few who are born blessed by her divine power — the lucky souls who are anointed by the Goddess’ holy hand are able to act in her stead in times of great need.
These chosen women are born with the knowledge of the past, of the horrors that have come and gone and the endless struggle against the heralds of darkness. They wield the divine power to control the Light and, as long as they are alive, will do everything in their power to preserve the balance of life and death upon the realm that they are tasked with defending.
The Matriarch will use her holy powers to turn the tide of battle against those who blaspheme against the Goddess’ word and act as a balancing force when armies of undead threaten to overpower the living. She will preserve the souls of those who fall in battle and use their untapped potential to conjure up an army of defenders known as Sentinels.
- Kira’s Presence (Passive): Increases morale of all nearby friendly units as well as granting them resistance to unholy attacks.
- Unity (Passive): The Matriarch heals her Sentinels every time she uses her basic attack, and each Sentinel she commands increases the damage dealt by her basic attack. Additionally, the Matriarch can run on Mac and Linux.
- Crusade (Active): The Matriarch marks a target for her Sentinels to attack.
- Holy Fervor (Active): The Matriarch buffs one of her Sentinels, granting it significantly increased damage for a short period.
- Army of the Dead (Active, Special): The Matriarch summons a temporary army of Sentinels to fight for her, but they will be released to the Aether after a short period.
Unit Spotlight: The Sentinel
By tapping into the energies released by a recently departed soul the Matriarch summons a guardian whose only desire is to prevent the forces of evil from causing another’s death.
They will fight tirelessly and without fear against any enemy — their noble efforts well-rewarded once a battle is won and their tethered spirits are released to enter the silent void of the Aether.
- Ethereal (Passive): Sentinels are completely immune to physical attacks and cannot be picked up by the player.
Bedrock Beta v0.4.0 Preview 3
Here’s a 4 minutes of 0.4.0 gameplay (including the unit panel!), please note that the UI is very much a work in progress.
The update is almost ready… and it’s absolutely massive (20 new aspects in the Veins of Evil!). Thanks so much for bearing with us, it won’t be too much longer.
We’ll see you all next week, hopefully with some patch notes!
Until next time Underlord,
- WFTO Team