Based in Brighton, United Kingdom
April 3rd, 2017
My Pet Dungeon is an 8-level sandbox campaign in War for the Overworld, narrated by the rambunctious Richard Ridings. It offers a much more relaxed pacing compared to the game's other modes, letting players explore and build their idyllic dungeons, with new snowy terrain to boot. Progress involves simply achieving a target score through dungeon management, defeating optional enemies, and completing bonus objectives. The Toybox room offers an endless supply of enemy units which the player can experiment with, grabbing them and dropping them anywhere in the levels. The player can also spawn waves of enemies to put their dungeons through their paces. Completing My Pet Dungeon unlocks God Mode, giving players the power to reshape the levels as they wish and spawn units from thin air - all whilst playing the game. Although a paid expansion, the first two levels of My Pet Dungeon are available for free, so players can try before they buy. The expansion released on April 3rd, 2017 alongside Patch 1.6, during the game's second anniversary celebrations.
Following the Crucible release, Brightrock had intended to develop another expansion in the style of Heart of Gold; but due to the success of Crucible and its accompanying Patch 1.5, they decided to add the fan-favourite My Pet Dungeon mode first, before moving onto the final expansion. This also made sense, since one of the criticisms often levelled at WFTO is that it is too fast-paced; My Pet Dungeon mode is the perfect remedy, with its much more chilled-out dungeon management experience.
- New My Pet Dungeon sandbox-style campaign narrated as ever by your despicable mentor, Mendechaus (Richard Ridings)
- Eight all-new levels focussed on exploration, discovery and dungeon building (2 levels available for free)
- Grab enemies and drop them anywhere in your dungeon via the new Toybox room
- Spawn waves of enemy units to put your dungeon through its paces
- Unlock the long-awaited Empire Dungeon Themes, newly refined to work as playable themes
- Discover new snowy terrain as your minions crunch through frozen underground caverns
- Realise your omnipotence with God Mode, as you reshape the levels and spawn units from thin air - all in real time
My Pet Dungeon & Patch 1.6 Release Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "The company has grown up, and War for the Overworld has repaired its reputation on Steam. At the time of publication, 85 per cent of recent Steam user reviews are positive."
- Wesley Yin-Poole, Eurogamer
- "If you've dismissed it at launch, it may be time to don your adventurer cap and take another look."
- Melody, Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- "Brightrock Games haven't stopped supporting the game ... In fact, they rolled up their sleeves, listened to feedback, and polished those old dungeons to a shine."
- Thomas Faust, IndieGames.com
- "There's plenty of opportunities to revel in your evil acts and enjoy the more sadistic aspects of being an evil overlord trying to overthrow the kingdom full of good guys."
- Robert N. Adams, TechRaptor
My Pet Dungeon Release Post - April 2017
A summary of the My Pet Dungeon and Patch 1.6 release content. wftogame.com.
Announcing My Pet Dungeon & Patch 1.6 - March 2017
An introduction to My Pet Dungeon mode. wftogame.com.
Patch 1.6 Preview - Possessive Progression - March 2017
A look at the Possession Mode improvements coming in the patch. wftogame.com.
Patch 1.6 Preview - Terrain Theatrics - March 2017
A reveal of the new terrain coming in My Pet Dungeon and Patch 1.6. wftogame.com.
Patch 1.6 Preview - God Mode - March 2017
An introduction to the new God Mode features in My Pet Dungeon and Patch 1.6. wftogame.com.
About Brightrock Games
Brightrock Games is a British independent game studio based in Brighton with a core team of nine people from around the world. Brightrock's goal is to create humorous and genre-twisting simulation games in which players can experience their own stories.
More information on Brightrock Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
My Pet Dungeon Credits
Josh Bishop - UK
Managing Director, Designer
Pierre-Arnaud (Nano) Boucher - France
Scott Richmond - Australia
Director, Producer, Programmer
Dan Atkins - UK
Andrew Bushkov - Russia
Hard Surface Modeler
Dante de Glanvill - New Zealand
Garrett Faith - USA
Stefan Furcht - Germany
Hugo González Rueda - Spain
Pat Hore - UK
Ciro Mihanovic - Croatia
Lee Moon - UK
Cian Noonan - UK
Tim White - UK
Jack Wong - Hong Kong